2020 Sea Turtle Walks
From spring to early fall, female sea turtles embark on an annual pilgrimage to the same beach they were born to build nests and lay eggs at night and then return back to the ocean.
After incubating for 60 days, baby sea turtles hatch and crawl back into the sea. It’s a perilous journey. According to the Sea Turtle Conservancy, only an estimated one in 1,000 turtles survives to adulthood.
Your adventure begins at the Museum with a presentation about turtles and then continues at Fort Lauderdale Beach where Museum expert guides lead you to sea turtle nesting grounds. We can’t guarantee a sea turtle will be spotted on every walk, but when it happens, it’s a natural wonder you will never forget!
- Doors open at 8 p.m. Parking is available in the Museum bus loop on a first come, first- served basis.
- Be prepared to walk 1– 2 miles in the sand.
- Bring your own rain gear and snacks.
- Arrange your own transportation.
- Participants must be at least 9 years old.
- Space is limited so book early!
Summer 2020 Dates
|JUNE 2020||JULY 2020|
|16, 17, 18, 23, 24, 25, 30||1, 2, 14, 15, 16|
Participants must be a minimum of nine years old.
ADVANCE RESERVATIONS REQUIRED.
For questions, please call 954.713.0930 or email email@example.com.