Everything you need for a day at MODS
The Museum is open:
Monday through Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
The Museum is open seven days a week, 362 days a year. MODS is closed on Thanksgiving day, during our Annual Gala (October 21, 2023) and during our annual Bank of America Wine, Spirits and Culinary Celebration (March 8, 2024).
For more than 40 years, the Museum of Discovery and Science (MODS) has served as your trusted source for science education in the south Florida community. Our deepest commitment is to create the safest environment possible for our guests, staff, volunteers and animals that call MODS home.
The Explore Store is open:
Monday through Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.
The Sprouting STEM Early Childhood Learning Lab is open:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday: 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. (Specialized Classes)
Sunday: 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
For the complete schedule and to register, please visit mods.org/sproutingstem.
Museum Address: 401 S.W. Second Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
The Museum is located in downtown Fort Lauderdale in the Arts & Science District across from Riverwalk’s Esplanade Park along the New River.
Take I-95 north (from Miami) or south (from Palm Beach) to Broward Boulevard. Drive east on Broward Boulevard to S.W. Fifth Avenue (Commodore Brook Avenue). Turn right onto S.W. 5th Avenue. The Museum will be on the left with the Arts & Entertainment parking garage on the right.
Parking is available at several locations surrounding the Museum of Discovery & Science. Lots are owned and operated by the City of Fort Lauderdale and include the Arts & Entertainment Garage and street parking along SW 2nd Street. Rates vary and special event rates may apply.
Additional parking can be found on the east and west sides of the Museum. These lots are operated by private companies. Rates may vary.
MODS members can receive a $5.00 parking pass (subject to availability.) Please inquire at the Museum’s box office.
A limited number of small lockers are located next to the IMAX Concession Stand for 50 cents per use (coins required). Management reserves the right to inspect all bags.
Luggage, backpacks and oversized handbags are not permitted in the AutoNation® IMAX® Theater. Luggage storage is not available onsite.
MODS welcomes you to the Museum for an enjoyable day of discovery and exploration. Special accommodations may be requested prior to your visit, and we will make every reasonable effort to meet the accommodation request. Please contact 954.713.0930 or email@example.com to discuss your needs.
The Museum and AutoNation® IMAX® Theater are wheelchair accessible. The AutoNation® IMAX® Theater is on the second-floor level and can be accessed by elevator if you use a wheelchair and have special access needs. You are permitted to have one companion with you. Please ask for the Theater Manager or usher who will provide directions to the second floor.
The Museum has limited courtesy manual wheelchairs available for free on a first-come, first-served basis. Request a wheelchair at the Information Desk at the front entrance. Guests are required to leave a photo ID and car key at the Desk while using Museum wheelchairs. Personal walkers and wheelchairs also are welcome.
Service animals are welcome inside the Museum. Pets and companion animals are not allowed inside the Museum.
- All ticket sales are final and will be honored only on the date and/or time (where applicable) when selected. Please be careful when purchasing.
- Except in the case of an event cancellation by MODS and the AutoNation® IMAX® Theater, there are no refunds or exchanges allowed.
- Show dates and times are subject to change without notice.
- Please be advised that shows may sell out and admission cannot be guaranteed unless you purchase advance tickets.
- Seating in the AutoNation® IMAX® Theater is general admission and is provided on a first-come, first-seated basis.
- Saving of places in the AutoNation® IMAX® Theater lobby line or saving of seats inside theater is not permitted.
- It is recommended that you arrive at least 45 minutes before your showtime if tickets have already been purchased.
- A printable confirmation receipt will be shown at the conclusion of your purchase. The receipt and e-tickets will be emailed to you within 15 minutes of your order placement. Please check your junk/spam folder if you do not see the tickets in your inbox. Please bring the tickets to the box office upon arrival. Tickets can be printed or scanned directly from your mobile device.