S.A.F.E. STEM Summer Camp
Give your child a S.A.F.E. (Science. Affordable. Fun. Educational) and unforgettable STEM experience at Camp Discovery’s multi-day camp program for children ages 6 through 12 (entering grades 1–6). MODS provides campers with interactive exploration and immersive learning opportunities.
For ages 6-12
Time: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Before and After Care Available from 9–10 a.m. and 4–5 p.m. in the Atrium and/or outdoor Science Park for physical distancing.
Fees & Registration
(June 14-August 13)
Museum members: $200 per week
Non-members: $225 per week
Book in advance to receive $10 off!
MULTI-DAY CAMPS We offer two-day and five-day camps depending on the week. Weeks cannot be prorated for fewer days attended.
MULTI-CHILD DISCOUNTS Save $25 off total for each two-day and five-day camps. Multi-day camps cannot be prorated.
T-SHIRTS Campers are required to wear Camp Discovery t-shirts. Two FREE shirts will be included with registration for any multi-day camp, and an additional shirt will be provided for subsequent weeks. Additional shirts can be purchased for $10 at check-in.
FIELD TRIPS will only be to Esplanade Park, an outdoor venue directly across from the Museum.
ADVANCED REGISTRATION is required to guarantee a spot due to smaller group sizes. Camp Discovery requires a minimum of eight (8) campers per group to run and will be capped at ten (10) campers per group for social distancing (see notes below.)
KEEPING HEALTHY SCIENTISTS SAFE IN SUMMER 2020 MEANS:
- Reduced group sizes and ratios for physical distancing (10 campers per 1 educator + support counselor).
- Touchless entry including a daily temperature check and sign-in process.
- Daily health and safety protocol review with campers, including:
Every camper must bring a mask each day.
- Masks are available for purchase in the Explore Store for $8-10 if not supplied by caregivers.
- Every camper must bring a reusable water bottle clearly labeled with their name. No single-use plastic bottles, please.
- Physical distancing guidelines adherence.
- Proper handwashing technique and frequent reminders.
- Designated Camp restrooms and water fountain.
- Required pre-registration for a guaranteed spot.
- Museum educators in masks.
- Adherence to all local, state and national health and safety laws, rules and guidelines. Camp educators are prepared to provide an amazing summer that does not rely on Museum exhibit exploration or IMAX as programming components.
On-site Camp Discovery
Please check back shortly for themes, weeks and registration links.
For questions, please call 954.713.0930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.