Parking & Directions
There are various parking options in the downtown area including the Arts & Entertainment Garage, private parking lots and other downtown garages.
Arts & Entertainment Garage
Public parking is available in the Arts and Entertainment parking garage that is operated by the City of Fort Lauderdale. You may enter the garage from S.W. 5th. Avenue.
Parking fees can be found at the City of Fort Lauderdale’s website.
Other Downtown Garages
Parking is also available at other downtown area garages including the Broward County Governmental Center Garage (opposite Las Olas Riverfront) and the City Park Mall Garage (adjacent to Main Library.)
There are a number of privately operated parking lots in the downtown area. Several lots offer a special discount for Museum of Discovery and Science and AutoNation IMAX Theater (“MODS”) visitors. Please see map below for locations.
- Lot A: NOT a MODS discount lot. Operated by Park It.
- Lot B: A special MODS flat rate of $10.00 is available from 9 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and $10.00 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Pay at the parking meter by selecting the ”MODS” rate. Regular rates apply evenings. Entrance is located on S.W. 4th Avenue.
- Lot C: A special MODS flat rate of $6.00 is available from 9 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday only. Pay at the parking meter by selecting the ”MODS” rate. Regular rates apply evenings and weekends. Entrance is located on S.W. 5th Avenue.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT PARK WITHOUT PAYING. The lot operators will tow your car if you do not pay or stay longer than your time on the meter. If the lot’s meter does not offer a “MODS” option, then you have parked in a lot that does not offer a discount to our visitors.
Address: 401 S.W. Second Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
The Museum is located in downtown Fort Lauderdale in the Arts & Science District, across from Riverwalk’s Esplanade Park located on New River:
- Take I-95 north (from Miami) or south (from Palm Beach) to Broward Boulevard.
- Drive east on Broward Boulevard to S.W. Fifth Avenue (Commodore Brook Avenue).
- Turn right onto S.W. 5th Avenue.
- The Museum will be on the left with the Arts & Entertainment parking garage on the right.
Click image at left for information about Brightline, the new inter-city express train service that connects Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach in an hour. The Fort Lauderdale Brightline station is only a seven minute walk from the Museum. Use promo code MODSBL for 25% off Brightline. Visit gobrightline.com to book your ride.
Click image at left for the Fort Lauderdale Station Tri-Rail website which provides links to free bus shuttle information to downtown Fort Lauderdale along Broward Boulevard. The shuttle bus makes a stop that is one block from the Museum of Discovery and Science.
Click image at left for Broward County bus schedule and route maps. The Museum of Discovery and Science is located four blocks west of the Broward Central Bus Terminal on Broward Boulevard.
Click image at left for information on the Sun Trolley route and schedule. The Sun Trolley makes round trips from the beaches via Las Olas Boulevard to the Museum of Discovery and Science and Brightline.
Click image at left for information on the Water Taxi map and schedule. The Water Taxi makes frequent trips and includes a River Route which takes patrons to Downtown Fort Lauderdale with a stop at Esplanade Park directly across from the Museum of Discovery and Science