SLEEP AT THE MUSUEM!
6:30 p.m. – 8 a.m. the next morning
Great for Groups!
Groups of 40+ can go on an Overnight Adventure at the Museum. Participants will enjoy exclusive access to hundreds of hands-on exhibits, flight simulators, live animal encounters and then roll out their sleeping bags for a unique night at the Museum. The evening also includes themed activities and pizza or sandwich platters for dinner.
All groups require one chaperone (18 years or older) for every 10 children participating.
Minimum paid youth: 40 participants
Maximum capacity: 200 participants (not including chaperones)
Participants: $36 per child
Price includes all activities, pizza dinner, access to the exhibits, and spending the night in the Museum.
IMAX ADD-On: (price per person)
Watch the latest Hollywood movies on south Florida’s biggest IMAX screen for an additional $12 per person.
Special Overnight Themes:
Groups can select from the following:
NEW Colossal Fossil Camp-In
Night at the museum isn’t just a Ben Stiller movie anymore. Dinosaurs, eggs and fossils! Excavate a fossil and explore the world of paleontology. Sleep among the dinosaurs in our newest exhibit, Expedition: Dinosaur (opens January 25)!
Engineering and Marshmallows
Build bridges and marshmallow towers in this engineering competition.
Step into our Star Lab planetarium and learn about constellations and planets! Fly a rocket!
Be a scientist for the night and mix your very own chemistry concoctions.
Calling all future doctors! Ever wonder what goes on inside the human body?
Roller Coaster Physics
Find out why we don’t fall out of roller coasters. Construct your own mini roller coaster with as many loops as you can handle. Then ride the MaxFlight roller coaster simulator.
Overnight camp-ins run from 6:30 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Museum of Discovery and Science requires a minimum of 40 paid participants to conduct an overnight.
- Maximum capacity is 200 participants not including chaperones
- Museum reserves the right to cancel or postpone overnights due to insufficient booking, scheduling conflicts or other unforeseen circumstances.
- To meet the minimum number, we reserve the right to combine groups from similar organization, i.e. multiple Girl Scout troops can be combined for one overnight. Museum will not combine groups from different organizations.
- All campers must be at least five years old.
You Should Bring:
- Sleeping bag/Air mattress
- Warm night clothes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Slippers (footwear is required at all times)
What You Shouldn’t Bring:
- Please do not wear Crocs, flip flops, or sandals*
- Microwave popcorn
- TV’s and radios
- Heavy or awkward appliances
- Alcoholic beverages
- Electrical appliances
- Electronic games
- Sterno or cooking appliances
- Valuable items
* For safety reasons, it is important that these items are not worn or brought to the Museum during your Overnight Adventure.
To book an overnight camp-in for your group, please call our reservations line at 954.713.0930 or email us at email@example.com.