Bring your group to the Museum for an exciting overnight adventure. Youth Group Camp-ins offer supervised age-appropriate science activities, workshops, exhibit explorations, and live animal encounters and a pizza dinner round out a fun-filled evening before “lights-out” in the exhibit sleeping area! And several times a year the Museum also offers special themed Family Overnights for families with school-aged children.
$36 per child and $20 per chaperone. Includes all activities, pizza dinner, access to the exhibits, and spending the night in the Museum. Add an IMAX film to your overnight camp-in: $8.00 per person for a 45-minute documentary IMAX film and $12.00 per person for a Hollywood film.
You Should Bring:
- Sleeping bag/Air mattress
- Warm night clothes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Slippers (footwear is required at all times)
What You Shouldn’t Bring:
- Please do not wear Crocs, flip flops, or sandals*
- Microwave popcorn
- TV’s and radios
- Heavy or awkward appliances
- Alcoholic beverages
- Electrical appliances
- Electronic games
- Sterno or cooking appliances
- Valuable items
* For safety reasons, it is important that these items are not worn or brought to the Museum during your Overnight Adventure.
To book an overnight camp-in for your group, please call our reservations line at 954.713.0930 or email us at [email protected].
GIRL SCOUTS OVERNIGHT CAMP-IN ADVENTURESPACE
Saturday, Nov. 16 • 6:30 p.m. – 8 a.m.
Calling all Daisies, Brownies and Juniors for a fun Girl Scouts STEM Overnight Adventure! Earn your STEM badges exploring the moon, stars and planets in our portable planetarium. Bring your telescope, and gaze at the stars in our outdoor Science Park! Experience intergalactic fun, learn the distance of the sun, moon, planets and stars from Earth and so much more. Special activities will give all participants the opportunity to work toward earning badges for Space Science Explorer, Space Science Adventure and Space Science Investigators.
The program has been made possible by support from the John H. Rau Space Education Fund through the Community Foundation of Broward.
To reserve your spot at the Girl Scout Adventure, please visit the Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida’s (GSSEF) Activity Event Listings or email [email protected].
Girl Scout: $20 each (includes badge) • Chaperone: $42 each
Price includes all activities, dinner and Museum exploration.
YOUTH GROUP CAMP-INs
Youth group camp-ins are open to scout groups, schools, church groups, recreation center groups and other youth organizations looking for a night of fun and unique activities. Camp-ins are a great way for scouts to fulfill badge requirements! Your camp-in will be in air-conditioned comfort (and no mosquitoes!). If you’re brave enough, you can sleep near the insects and other creepy-crawlies that live in the Museum!
Check out the camp-ins listed below for ideas, or let our programs staff plan an evening of fun just for your special group.
- Crazy Chemistry
- Awesome Animals
- Electricity, Engineering and Marshmallows?
- Cosmic Kids
- Kitchen Chemistry
- Roller Coaster Physics
- Freaky Forensics
Overnight camp-ins run from 6:30 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Museum of Discovery and Science requires a minimum of 40 paid participants to conduct an overnight.
- Maximum capacity is 200 participants not including chaperones
- Museum reserves the right to cancel or postpone overnights due to insufficient booking, scheduling conflicts or other unforeseen circumstances.
- To meet the minimum number, we reserve the right to combine groups from similar organization, i.e. multiple Girl Scout troops can be combined for one overnight. Museum will not combine groups from different organizations.
- All campers must be at least five years old.
family overnight CAMP-INs
SLEEP AT THE MUSEUM: OLAF’S FROZEN SCIENCE OVERNIGHT
Like Olaf, we’re really big fans of summer in south Florida! For the first time in forever, join MODS as we explore the science behind Elsa’s icy powers, experiment with dry ice, watch a subzero science show, sample liquid nitrogen ice cream and watch the new Disney film, Frozen 2, in IMAX.
WHERE: Museum of Discovery and Science
Member: $25/chaperone • $40/child
Non-member: $32/chaperone • $48/child
Includes dinner, all activities and Museum exploration.