SLEEP AT THE MUSUEM!
6:30 p.m. – 8 a.m. the next morning
Great for Groups!
Great for Groups! Participants will enjoy exclusive access to two floors of immersive exhibits, flight simulators and live
animal encounters before rolling out their sleeping bags for a unique night at the Museum. The evening also includes
themed activities and pizza or sandwich platters for dinner.
All groups require one chaperone (18 years or older) for every 10 children participating.
Minimum paid youth: 40 participants
Maximum capacity: 50 participants (including chaperones)
Participants: $36 per child
Price includes all activities, pizza dinner, access to the exhibits, and spending the night in the Museum.
IMAX ADD-On: (price per person)
Watch the latest Hollywood movies on south Florida’s biggest IMAX screen for an additional $12 per person.
STEAM Design & Engineering
Experience the fun of the design process as you create and test things that float, fly & soar through the sky in the To Fly Makerspace. Can you make a balloon float through the air? What is it about wings that help an airplane fly, and rockets soar? Learn about famous inventors & makers, experience their flying contraptions and use your imagination to create & test your very own flying things!
What’s the MATTER
Explore the many states of Matter. Experience the excitement of a KABOOM show in our Keller Science Theater. Experiment with super cool chemical reactions and create your own “transformed” keepsake to bring home with you!
Dozin’ with the Dinos
The evening is filled with self-guided tours and workshop activities, leading up to bedtime stories. Junior paleontologists will make casts of fossils while budding Indiana Joneses get to take part in mock excavations in the Dig Pit. See how you “Measure up” to a giant megalodon and take part in fun AR dinosaur hunt.
Through September 4
Kids love to explore and imagine what it would be like to live in medieval times. Step back in time and experience different activities that were common during the Middle Ages. Come dressed in medieval wear and create a family crest & crown, and take on the challenge of constructing a castle that can be knocked down by a catapult!
Month of October
All the features you love about the Museum will be here, but with a Halloween-themed twist! Enjoy family-friendly activities, mix some super slimy concoctions, explore the Museum on a flashlight scavenger hunt and more!
- Museum of Discovery and Science requires a minimum of 40 paid participants to conduct an overnight.
- Maximum capacity is 200 participants not including chaperones
- Museum reserves the right to cancel or postpone overnights due to insufficient booking, scheduling conflicts or other unforeseen circumstances.
- To meet the minimum number, we reserve the right to combine groups from similar organization, i.e. multiple Girl Scout troops can be combined for one overnight. Museum will not combine groups from different organizations.
- All campers must be at least five years old.
You Should Bring:
- Sleeping bag/Air mattress
- Warm night clothes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Slippers (footwear is required at all times)
What You Shouldn’t Bring:
- Please do not wear Crocs, flip flops, or sandals*
- Microwave popcorn
- TV’s and radios
- Heavy or awkward appliances
- Alcoholic beverages
- Electrical appliances
- Electronic games
- Sterno or cooking appliances
- Valuable items
* For safety reasons, it is important that these items are not worn or brought to the Museum during your Overnight Adventure.
To book an overnight camp-in for your group, please call our reservations line at 954.713.0930 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.