Bring your group to the Museum for an exciting overnight adventure. Youth Group Camp-ins offer supervised age-appropriate science activities, workshops, exhibit explorations, and live animal encounters and a pizza dinner round out a fun-filled evening before “lights-out” in the exhibit sleeping area! And several times a year the Museum also offers special themed Family Overnights for families with school-aged children.
$36 per child and $20 per chaperone. Includes all activities, pizza dinner, access to the exhibits, and spending the night in the Museum. Add an IMAX film to your overnight camp-in: $8.00 per person for a 45-minute documentary IMAX film and $12.00 per person for a Hollywood film.
To book an overnight camp-in for your group, please call our reservations line at 954.713.0930 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
YOUTH GROUP CAMP-INs
Youth group camp-ins are open to scout groups, schools, church groups, recreation center groups and other youth organizations looking for a night of fun and unique activities. Camp-ins are a great way for scouts to fulfill badge requirements! Your camp-in will be in air-conditioned comfort (and no mosquitoes!). If you’re brave enough, you can sleep near the insects and other creepy-crawlies that live in the Museum!
Check out the camp-ins listed below for ideas, or let our programs staff plan an evening of fun just for your special group.
- Crazy Chemistry
- Awesome Animals
- Electricity, Engineering and Marshmallows?
- Cosmic Kids
- Kitchen Chemistry
- Roller Coaster Physics
- Freaky Forensics
Overnight camp-ins run from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Museum of Discovery and Science requires a minimum of 40 paid participants to conduct an overnight.
- Maximum capacity is 200 participants not including chaperones
- Museum reserves the right to cancel or postpone overnights due to insufficient booking, scheduling conflicts or other unforeseen circumstances.
- To meet the minimum number, we reserve the right to combine groups from similar organization, i.e. multiple Girl Scout troops can be combined for one overnight. Museum will not combine groups from different organizations.
- All campers must be at least five years old.
family overnight CAMP-INs
Simba’s Science Overnight
Step into the Serengeti and help Simba, Timon and Pumbaa answer some important science questions! Can a growing lion cub really survive eating insects alone? Find out how many bugs Simba would have to eat in a day and try some bug snacks! Learn about stars in our portable planetarium, and watch the new live action Lion King movie in IMAX!
WHEN: Saturday, July 20, 6:30 p.m.–8 a.m.
WHERE: Museum of Discovery and Science
Member: $27/chaperone • $43/child
Non-member: $32/chaperone • $48/child
Includes dinner, all activities and Museum exploration.
TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT call 954.713.0930 or click here today!