BCPS is starting back next week! Need a FREE program for learners in grades K-3 that is safe and clean? Our program connects learners to their teachers, provides afterschool care and homework assistance with breakfast, lunch and snacks provided. Contact us for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Museum of Discovery and Science offers a School Camp to Support Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) Distance Learners in Kindergarten through Grade 5.
MODS PODS offers a safe, clean learning environment that follows the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and recommendations.
- Reduced and closed groups for physical distancing (9 learners per 1 educator), socially-distanced tables, touchless entry with daily temperature check and sign-in process, mask mandates and sanitization procedures.
- Learners will enjoy fun social, physical and educational activities, including recess in the science park and a healthy snack.
- After Care Enrichment includes homework assistance, science experiments, art and making activities, long-term projects to enrich virtual curricula, IMAX movies, Museum time and more.
7:30 – 8:00 a.m. Check In
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Virtual Learning with Snack and Lunch Breaks
2:00 – 6:00 p.m. After Care Enrichment
- Reduced and closed-groups for physical distancing (9 learners per one (1) educator)
- There are 6 separate learning spaces with 9 learners in each grade POD for a total of 54 learners onsite at MODS.
- Touchless entry including a daily temperature check and sign-in process.
- Learners will have their own social distanced work desk ready with Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Proper hand washing technique review and frequent reminders.
- Designated learner restrooms and water fountain (for water bottle refills only).
- All learning spaces, supplies, tables, chairs, etc. will undergo frequent sanitation throughout the day.
- Museum educators in masks or face shields.
- Adherence to all local, state and national health and safety laws, rules and guidelines.
- To view our safety guidelines and procedures, please click here.
- POD monitoring, facilitation and basic IT support
- MODS enrichment programs
- Homework assistance
- Must wear a mask each day.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), headsets, chargers, etc.
- Bring basic supplies not to be shared with other learners. Learners will need to bring all school supplies as outlined by their teacher’s materials list for each applicable classes and subjects. They also should have basic supplies such as pencils, paper and any necessary textbooks.
- Bring non-refrigerated lunch from home, or boxed lunches can be purchased in advance. Please inquire with a guest experience representative.
Members: $215 per child per week
Non-Members: $225 per child per week
After Learning Enrichment (2:00-6:00 p.m.): $100 per week per child
Multi-Child Discounts: $15 savings per child per week
**Pre-registration required for a guaranteed spot. First-come, first-served.
MODS PODS cannot be prorated. Caregiver must guarantee enrollment
in MODS PODS until in-person school resumes.
Scholarships available for learners in Kindergarten through Grade 3.
Please inquire. For questions, please email email@example.com.
*Schedule includes all BCPS days offs, teacher work days and select school
There is an inherent risk to COVID-19 exposure in any public location where learners are present. By visiting the Museum, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. This virus can lead to severe illness and death.