ARE YOU READY TO FLY?
If innovating is your thing, buckle up because our popular To Fly Aviation Exhibit Hall is now bigger, even more high-tech, and ready for risk takers.
Once you step foot in our 9,000 square-foot gallery, your love of the skies will soar to new heights:
- Get inside the cockpit of a Lockheed-Martin F-35 Joint Strike fighter, the single-engine Edge 540, or a Vought F4U Corsair, a WWII fighter plane. Each replica simulator promises a real blast.
- Turn your ideas into reality inside The Leighton Family Hangar (The Hangar), a high-tech makerspace that is part science lab, part engineering workshop, and part art room. Tinker and collaborate with others using robotics and electronics and build your own airplane using a 3D printer.
- Experience Inspiration Takes Flight, a 7D film that combines 3D imagery with a sensory journey that includes water spray, bubbles, mist and a motion effect simulator in the seats of this capsule theater.
- Test that all systems are a go in Airplane Launcher, where motorized launching devices let you fly your own aircraft off the runway.
- Try your best balancing act in the Bernoulli Lab, an aerodynamic exhibit of balls and scarves floating over streams of compressed air.
To Fly is where you will discover that the only limit to what you can create is the sky.
The Hangar is free with Museum admission.
Monday – Saturday: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sundays: 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
The Hangar is available for private school field trip experiences, individual and group visits, as well as private events such as birthday parties, team building and special events.
To Fly Aviation Exhibit Hall is sponsored by the Emil Buehler Perpetual Trust.
Daily creation and innovation in The Hangar are fueled and sponsored by Citrix.
Inspiration Takes Flight was filmed locally with support from Underground Lauderdale, a project of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau.