Hear ye! Hear ye! Enter into the legendary realm of giant flying lizards with Here Be Dragons presented by Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. Celebrate the mythical fire-breathing beasts from dragon lore. Plus, meet 10 species of their living wildlife cousins who serve as creature ambassadors for education, conservation and cultures around the world. From ancient mythology to pop culture, explore the human-dragon connection found throughout literature, art, music, science and history. Fly into MODS for Here Be Dragons, the mother of all exhibits! Experience:
- Three “Dragon Realms” – Medieval, Asian and Dragons in Paleontology (Dinosaurs!)
- 10 Species of live lizards, including the albino green iguana, plumed basilisk, black throat monitor, European legless lizard, roughneck monitor, Egyptian uromastyx, Chinese water dragon, frilled dragon, bearded dragon and clubtail iguana.
- View the Dino Dana The Movie, Galapagos 3D and Dinosaurs in Antarctica IMAX films
- Stomp through Prehistoric Florida exhibit, and see other unbelievable animals from the past.
- Visit the Ecoscapes exhibit and see several amazing reptiles, native to Florida.
- Extend your Museum experience by booking a Museum on Wheels, Science Night or a Cold Blooded Critters outreach program on location at your school.
Free with Museum admission
For questions, please call 954.713.0930 or email email@example.com.
Funding for this event is provided in part by the Broward County Board of County Commissioners as recommended by the Broward Cultural Council.