EMPLOYMENT AT THE MUSEUM
BECOME A TEAM MEMBER!
At MODS, you can have a career that makes a difference. We are always looking for hardworking, dedicated employees and volunteers to help fulfill the Museum’s mission of connecting people to inspiring science. Our vision is for a society where people of all ages engage with science and discovery to strengthen our community.
MODS values includes:
- DISCOVERY – Provide hands-on, inquiry-based lifelong learning experiences. Introduce innovation through exhibits, programs and films designed to encourage workforce development and the pursuit of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) careers.
- INCLUSIVITY – Celebrate diversity. All individuals are welcome to visit, experience, connect and discover. Equity and access are vital to success. MODS for all!
- COLLABORATION – Pursue effective, mission-based public and private partnerships, which strengthen MODS’ programs and maintain community, local, regional and national engagement.
- CREATIVITY – Cultivate an environment where inspiration and innovation take flight and boundaries are pushed. Encourage visitors to explore, question and learn.
- EDUCATIONAL – Live a culture of visitor-centered excellence each and every day. Provide high quality, inspirational exhibits and films. Be a force for science education in our community.
- VISITOR FOCUSED – Foster a warm, inviting and welcoming atmosphere for visitors and staff. Prioritize visitor amenities and customer service.
The Museum offers a dynamic and enriching environment to work in and to volunteer. Opportunities vary, and the following brief descriptions provide insight into available positions. If no listings appear, then there are no employment opportunities currently available. Please check back periodically for future job openings. Please note that because of the volume of resumes and applications received it is not possible to acknowledge receipt, therefore, if you are selected for an interview you will be notified.
MODS is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a solid benefit package. The Museum provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants, employees and volunteers. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, medical condition, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual preference or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law or local ordinance applicable to our work locations. We also make reasonable accommodations for disabled employees if we are aware of the need for accommodation and if the requested accommodation does not cause undue hardship as interpreted from the ADA/ADAAA.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs. Finally, we prohibit the harassment of any individual.
Please provide a cover letter describing your fit with our opportunity along with a current resume detailing your experience and background. The Museum of Discovery and Science is located at 401 S.W. Second Street, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312.
Current Job Listings
Please click here to see our current job listings.
Click here for instructions on how to apply for a position.