S.A.F.E. Fall STEM Camp
When school is out, Camp Discovery is IN! Camp Discovery is expected to sell out, so secure your child’s spot today.
Give your child a S.A.F.E. (Science. Affordable. Fun. Educational) and unforgettable STEM experience at Camp Discovery’s multi-day camp program for children ages 6 through 12 (grades 1–6). MODS provides campers with interactive exploration and immersive learning opportunities.
For ages 6-12
Time: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Before and after Care are available from 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Fees & Registration
MULTI-DAY CAMP TUITION We offer one-day, two-day and five-day camps depending on the week/school calendar. Weeks cannot be pro-rated for fewer days attended.
Museum members: $40
Museum members: $80
Museum members: $200 per week
Non-members: $225 per week
AFTERCARE TUITION A daily fee of $5 is charged per child for before/aftercare.
MULTI-CHILD DISCOUNTS* Save $25 off total for five-day camps. Use code 25off at check out.
*Multi-day camps cannot be prorated. Discount cannot be combined with any other offer.
CAMP DISCOVERY T-SHIRTS ARE REQUIRED Campers are required to wear Camp Discovery t-shirts. One FREE shirt will be included with registration for any multi-day camp, and an additional shirt will be provided for subsequent weeks. Additional shirts can be purchased for $10 at check-in.
FIELD TRIPS will be to Esplanade Park, an outdoor venue directly across from the Museum. Other enrichment activities will be brought in on-site to the Museum from trusted partners.
ADVANCED REGISTRATION is required to guarantee a spot due to smaller group sizes.
POLICY AND PROCEDURES:
- All camp registrations are final and will be honored only on the camp day/week purchased.
- No refunds, returns or exchanges. Registration has no cash value.
- Absences may not be “made up” by having your child(ren) attend another camp on a different day, nor will you receive a prorated amount/refund/credit for any missed days.
- Except in the case of an event cancellation by the Museum, there are no refunds or exchanges allowed.
KEEPING HEALTHY SCIENTISTS SAFE:
- Daily health and safety protocol review with campers.
- MODS’ mask policy will be shared closer to the start of camp.
- Every camper must bring a reusable water bottle clearly labeled with their name. No single-use plastic bottles, please.
- Proper handwashing technique and frequent reminders.
- Designated Camp restrooms and water fountain.
- Required pre-registration for a guaranteed spot.
- Adherence to all local, state and national health and safety laws, rules and guidelines. Educators are prepared to provide an amazing camp experience.
Camp Discovery Theme Days/Weeks
MODS’ Days in the Arctic
September 6-7 (Two-Day Camp)
Campers will stay cool by exploring all things below zero! They’ll journey to the Arctic circle to learn what makes it one of the world’s most unique habitats, experiment with some of the coldest substances and then learn how humans and animals have adapted to surviving extreme temperatures!
It’s In Your Genes!
September 16 (One-Day Camp)
Every person in the world has a unique set of genes that makes us look different from others. Campers will learn all about what makes each person unique and discover how to extract DNA from a banana, create an edible DNA model and learn how to discover some of their own unique genetic traits!
October 20 (One-Day Camp)
Campers will have a ghoulishly good time as we experiment with ectoplasmic slime. They’ll even get to create their own gross bloody scabs and learn about creepy crawlies and things that go bump in the night!
Fizz, Bang, Boom!
November 11 (One-Day Camp)
Today is the day for everything fizzing, popping, banging and booming as we create chemical and physical reactions! Campers will learn about the states of matter using everything from the simple to the awe-inspiring and design their own instruments in our makerspace!
November 22-26 (Five-Day Camp)
Campers will become food scientists and learn how chemistry and biology play a part in the world of food science. They’ll even discover how to create edible juice bubbles, and use chemistry to cook edible slime!
Discovering Dinos with Dana!
December 20-24 (Five-Day Camp)
With Dino Dana, we’ll dig deep into the world of dinosaurs to explore how these amazing creatures moved, ate and lived! Campers will discover how fossils are formed and create their own take-home dino pit!
CSI (CAMP SCENE INVESTIGATION): MODS
December 27-31 (Five-Day Camp)
Campers become detectives when they step into Camp Discovery’s “Camp Scene Investigation” and learn how forensics teams crack the case! They’ll dust for fingerprints and test mystery compounds at the scene of the “crime.”
For questions, please call 954.713.0930 or email email@example.com.