When school is out, Camp Discovery is IN! Camp Discovery, presented by Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, is expected to sell out, so secure your child’s spot today.
Give your child a S.A.F.E. (Science. Affordable. Fun. Educational) and unforgettable STEM experience at Camp Discovery’s multi-day camp program for children ages 6 through 12 (grades 1–6). MODS provides campers with interactive exploration and immersive learning opportunities.
For ages 6-12
Time: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Drop off: 8:30 a.m.
After Care is available from 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Fees & Registration
MULTI-DAY CAMP TUITION We offer one-day, two-day, three-day and five-day camps depending on the week/school calendar. Weeks cannot be pro-rated for fewer days attended.
Museum members: $60
Museum members: $120
Museum members: $180
Museum members: $300/week
AFTERCARE TUITION Aftercare rates are as follows:
|One-Day Camp: $15||Two-Day Camp: $30||Three-Day Camp: $40||Five-Day Camp: $50|
MULTI-CHILD DISCOUNTS* Save $10 off total for one, two, or three-day camps. Use code 10off at check out.
*Multi-day camps cannot be prorated. Discount cannot be combined with any other offer.
CAMP DISCOVERY T-SHIRTS ARE REQUIRED Campers are required to wear Camp Discovery t-shirts. One FREE shirt will be included with registration for any multi-day camp, and an additional shirt will be provided for subsequent weeks. Additional shirts can be purchased for $10 at check-in.
FIELD TRIPS will be to Esplanade Park, an outdoor venue directly across from the Museum. Other enrichment activities will be brought in on-site to the Museum from trusted partners.
ADVANCED REGISTRATION is required to guarantee a spot due to smaller group sizes.
POLICY AND PROCEDURES:
- All camp registrations are final and will be honored only on the camp day/week purchased.
- Except in the case of an event cancellation by the Museum, there are no refunds or exchanges allowed.
- Absences may not be “made up” by having your child(ren) attend another camp on a different day, nor will you receive a prorated amount/refund/credit for any missed days.
- If a camper is sent home due to behavioral reasons, no refunds will be provided.
KEEPING HEALTHY SCIENTISTS SAFE:
- Daily health and safety protocol review with campers.
- Every camper must bring a reusable water bottle clearly labeled with their name. No single-use plastic bottles, please.
- Proper handwashing technique and frequent reminders.
- Designated Camp restrooms and water fountain.
- Required pre-registration for a guaranteed spot.
- Adherence to all local, state and national health and safety laws, rules and guidelines. Educators are prepared to provide an amazing camp experience.
Camp Discovery Theme Days/Weeks
September 26 (One-Day Camp)
Join us for a day-long adventure including kite-making, solar-powered mini racecars, hiking through our food forest, and papermaking to create your own, one of a kind storybook!
Cool Concoctions Chemistry, A to Zinc!
October 5 (One-Day Camp)
Explore the coolest chemistry concoctions that bubble, fizz, and even explode! Join us as we celebrate national chemistry week and explore what makes different elements heat up, cool down, shatter, and burst when they get together. All our Cool Concoctions campers will earn a Junior Chemist Badge to take home!
October 21 (One-Day Camp)
Do you have what it takes to design and build the ultimate bridges, towers, and tunnels that hold up against tornados, floods, and mega storms? Join us for a day of engineering challenges and test your skills! End the day with a roller coaster team building challenge!
November 8 (One-Day Camp)
Come play with us for a day of sports science! Explore the “science secrets” professional athletes use to be the best! See how safety equipment such as helmets protect bodies in contact sports and play some amazing games including one of the first known sports simply called, “ball.”
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please be careful when registering. Please select your child(ren)’s current grade level. If your child(ren)’s grade level is grayed out/the selection is unavailable, this means the age group is already at capacity. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate any grade level switches. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waiting list.
For questions, please call 954.713.0930 or email email@example.com.