Group OVERNIGHT Camp-Ins
SLEEP AT THE MUSEUM!
6:30 p.m. – 8 a.m. the next morning
Great for Groups!
Great for Groups! Participants will enjoy exclusive access to two floors of immersive exhibits, flight simulators and live
animal encounters before rolling out their sleeping bags for a unique night at the Museum. The evening also includes
themed activities and pizza or sandwich platters for dinner.
All groups require one chaperone (18 years or older) for every 10 children participating.
Minimum: 45 children and 5 adults
Maximum: 150 participants (including chaperones)
Participants: $2,250 for 50
Additional Adult: $40
Additional Child: $45
Price includes all activities, pizza dinner, access to the exhibits, and spending the night in the Museum.
IMAX ADD-On: (price per person)
Watch the latest Hollywood movies on south Florida’s biggest IMAX screen for an additional $12 per person.
ENGINEER FRONTIERS (Adapted for all grade levels.)
Build, create, and innovate the evening away. Learners will use the design process to solve real world problems in our makerspace, The Hangar.
IN OUR ELEMENT (Adapted for all grade levels.)
Experiment with crazy, chemistry concoctions as you learn the science behind chemical reactions and why different objects react the way they do! Learners will conduct their very own experiments and explore the unique elements of our world.
NIGHT IN THE OCEAN (Adapted for all grade levels.)
Learn about the creatures that call the ocean home! Learners will explore the anatomy of marine animals, as well as their importance to our ecosystem in hands-on activities and live animal demonstrations.
SPACE SIESTA (Adapted for all grade levels.)
Blast off in this overnight filled with intergalactic fun. Learners will build rockets, see the stars and experiment just like astronomers.
- Museum of Discovery and Science requires a minimum of 50 paid participants (including chaperones) to conduct an overnight.
- Maximum capacity is 150 participants (including chaperones)
- Museum reserves the right to cancel or postpone overnights due to insufficient booking, scheduling conflicts or other unforeseen circumstances.
- To meet the minimum number, we reserve the right to combine groups from similar organization, i.e. multiple Girl Scout troops can be combined for one overnight. Museum will not combine groups from different organizations.
- All campers must be at least five years old.
You Should Bring:
- Sleeping bag/Air mattress
- Warm night clothes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Slippers (footwear is required at all times)
What You Shouldn’t Bring:
- Please do not wear Crocs, flip flops, or sandals*
- Microwave popcorn
- TV’s and radios
- Heavy or awkward appliances
- Alcoholic beverages
- Electrical appliances
- Electronic games
- Sterno or cooking appliances
- Valuable items
* For safety reasons, it is important that these items are not worn or brought to the Museum during your Overnight Adventure.
Deposit: A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total amount of the overnight is required to secure the overnight date. Reservations without paid deposits are subject to cancellation. Deposits can be made by credit card or check.
Cancelling/Rescheduling Fee: If groups cancel or reschedule the overnight a $25 rescheduling fee will be applied. Please note that rescheduling cannot be guaranteed due to limited availability. If the reservation is cancelled 14 days or less before the visit, no refunds will be issued. No refunds will be issued for a no-show and the group will be charged an additional fee of $25.
To book an overnight camp-in (up to 150 participants maximum), please call 954.713.0930 or email email@example.com.