Summer Camp Discovery
Give your child a SCIENTASTIC SUMMER STEM experience at MODS’ summer camp program, sponsored by Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. At Camp Discovery, we’ve crafted the ultimate age-appropriate camp experience, providing campers with interactive exploration and hands-on learning opportunities in the coolest camp environment, including a weekly IMAX immersion! Awesome themes abound from MODS Space Adventures to Dinos in Motion and STEAM Makerspace to Magical Camp for Witches and Wizards and more.
For ages 6-12
Time: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Before and after Care are available from 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Fees & Registration
MULTI-DAY CAMP TUITION We offer five-day camps depending on the week/school calendar. Weeks cannot be prorated for fewer days attended.
Museum members: $180 per week
Non-members: $200 per week
Museum members: $225 per week
Non-members: $250 per week
|Four-Day Camp with Before and Aftercare
Museum members: $200 per week
Non-members: $220 per week
|Five-Day Camp with Before and Aftercare
Museum members: $250 per week
Non-members: $275 per week
AFTERCARE TUITION A daily fee of $5 is charged per child for before/aftercare.
MULTI-CHILD DISCOUNTS* Save $25 off total for five-day camps. Use code 25off at check out.
*Multi-day camps cannot be prorated. Discount cannot be combined with any other offer.
CAMP DISCOVERY T-SHIRTS ARE REQUIRED Campers are required to wear Camp Discovery t-shirts. One FREE shirt will be included with registration for any multi-day camp, and an additional shirt will be provided for subsequent weeks. Additional shirts can be purchased for $10 at check-in.
FIELD TRIPS will be to Esplanade Park, an outdoor venue directly across from the Museum. Other enrichment activities will be brought in on-site to the Museum from trusted partners.
ADVANCED REGISTRATION is required to guarantee a spot due to smaller group sizes.
POLICY AND PROCEDURES:
- All camp registrations are final and will be honored only on the camp day/week purchased.
- Except in the case of an event cancellation by the Museum, there are no refunds or exchanges allowed.
- Absences may not be “made up” by having your child(ren) attend another camp on a different day, nor will you receive a prorated amount/refund/credit for any missed days.
- If a camper is sent home due to behavioral reasons, no refunds will be provided.
KEEPING HEALTHY SCIENTISTS SAFE:
- Daily health and safety protocol review with campers.
- Every camper must bring a reusable water bottle clearly labeled with their name. No single-use plastic bottles, please.
- Proper handwashing technique and frequent reminders.
- Designated Camp restrooms and water fountain.
- Required pre-registration for a guaranteed spot.
- Adherence to all local, state and national health and safety laws, rules and guidelines. Educators are prepared to provide an amazing camp experience.
Camp Discovery Theme Days/Weeks*
Messy Matter! (All grade levels SOLD OUT)
August 8-12 (Five-Day Camp)
Campers will learn about states of matter through crazy and messy chemical reactions. Mess masters will create a masterpiece with exploding paint and mix up a batch of fluffy and ooey-gooey slime!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please be careful when registering. Please select the grade level that your child is entering in the fall. If your child(ren)’s grade level is grayed out/the selection is unavailable, this means the age group is already at capacity. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate any grade level switches. Please email email@example.com to be added to the waiting list.
Your child will have a spectacular summer of science! For questions, please call 954.713.0930, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Camp themes subject to change.