Leading up to Earth Day, MODS and other Planet Protectors in our community are sharing ways to give Earth some love.
What can families do at the Museum?
- Buzzworthy Activities: Flowers and seed dissection, leaf rubbings and make-and-take a bee hotel, toad house, bird feeders and native seed balls (take it home and watch them grow!)
- Exhibits, Shows and Demos: Become a Coastal Crusader to explore Florida’s economy and ecosystems and make-and-take upcycled projects at the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle art stations. Then, participate in gardening and compost workshops, as well as tours and tastings in the MODS’ Food Forest.
- Animal Encounters: Enjoy an Otter Talk and learn about an American alligator, a loggerhead sea turtle and many other native animals to understand how to protect them and our environment – locally and globally.
- Catch an Earthy IMAX on the GIANT Screen: Antarctica, Asteroid Hunters, Everest, Ireland, Ocean Odyssey, The Last Glaciers (opening April 15) and more!
- Career Connection: Explore how conservationists and environmental scientists protect the Earth.
Free with Museum admission.