Family OVERNIGHT Camp-Ins
SLEEP AT THE MUSEUM!
6:30 p.m. – 8 a.m. the next morning
Have you ever slept under a giant megalodon or woken up next to river otters? Roll out your sleeping bag…It’s sleepover time at MODS! Groups of 40 or more can go on an Overnight Adventure at the Museum. With the doors closed for the evening, participants will enjoy exclusive access to hundreds of hands-on exhibits, flight simulators, live animal encounters and then hunker down for a unique night at the Museum. The evening includes themed activities and pizza or sandwich platters for dinner.
All groups require one chaperone (18 years or older) for every 10 children participating.
Minimum paid capacity: 50 participants/up to 200
Member: $25/chaperone • $40/child
Non-member: $32/chaperone • $48/child
Price includes all activities, pizza dinner, access to the exhibits, and spending the night in the Museum.
IMAX ADD-On: (price per person)
Watch the latest Hollywood movies on south Florida’s biggest IMAX screen for an additional $12 per person.
Special Overnight Themes
Come and spend a night under the stars as you become the first to explore distant galaxies in our all-new Planet Pioneers exhibit. Become an astronomer and search for clues to identify planets, build a rocket to survive the harsh conditions of outer space, and make your own replica of the moon in this out-of-this-world evening filled with exploration and fun!
Dinosaurs in Motion
Experience the enchantment of sleeping with the dinosaurs as you stroll through the Mesozoic Era in our brand-new Dinosaurs in Motion exhibit! Be one of the first to doze with the dinosaurs as you explore what made these creatures so unique. Protect your eggs from danger like a Maiasaura dinosaur, craft your favorite dinosaurs using household items, and become a dinosaur as you design your own mask all in one “dino-riffic” night of science and fun!
- Museum of Discovery and Science requires a minimum of 50 paid participants (including chaperones) to conduct an overnight.
- Maximum capacity is 150 participants (including chaperones)
- Museum reserves the right to cancel or postpone overnights due to insufficient booking, scheduling conflicts or other unforeseen circumstances.
- To meet the minimum number, we reserve the right to combine groups from similar organization, i.e. multiple Girl Scout troops can be combined for one overnight. Museum will not combine groups from different organizations.
- All campers must be at least five years old.
You Should Bring:
- Sleeping bag/Air mattress
- Warm night clothes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Slippers (footwear is required at all times)
What You Shouldn’t Bring:
- Please do not wear Crocs, flip flops, or sandals*
- Microwave popcorn
- TV’s and radios
- Heavy or awkward appliances
- Alcoholic beverages
- Electrical appliances
- Electronic games
- Sterno or cooking appliances
- Valuable items
* For safety reasons, it is important that these items are not worn or brought to the Museum during your Overnight Adventure.
For questions, please call 954.713.0930 or email email@example.com.