Subzero Summer Weekend at MODS
Official Opening Celebrations of Antarctica 3D
Chill out at MODS for the coolest Subzero Summer Weekend. ‘Tis the season to be freezin’ so celebrate winter in July with science! From an Antarctica 3D IMAX on the GIANT screen and a liquid nitrogen science show to freeze out make-and-take activities, the forecast for fun is un-brrr-lieveable. Subzero Summer Weekend includes:
- All day make-and-take subzero science activities.
- Travel to the mysterious and majestic continent of Antarctica with a screening of Antarctica 3D on the GIANT screen in MODS’ AutoNation IMAX Theater.
- Celebrate National Ice Cream Day all weekend long.
- Free with admission: Enjoy a Brainfreeze! Nitrogen Show with ice cream samples (while supplies last). Times: 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- For an extra cost (pricing below): Learn how cream, sugar, a baggie and salt make ice cream in this fun hands-on family activity. Yum! Families can eat the ice cream that they make right on the spot before it melts! Times: 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m.
Subzero Summer Weekend is free with paid Museum admission, with the exception of Ice Cream in a Bag:
Member: $3 Adults/Children
Non-member: $27 Adults • $21 Children. Price includes MODS Discovery Pass – Museum admission, program and IMAX.
LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE. Advance reservations needed.
At the bottom of the world is a magical continent which is remote and hostile, beautiful and awe-inspiring. It is thousands of miles away, but what happens here affects us all. It is a land of mystery and yet what happens here affects every single one of us. With never-before-seen footage, our story brings audiences to the farthest reaches of this wild and majestic continent. It is the coldest, driest and windiest place on Earth with the roughest oceans and yet, weird and wonderful creatures thrive here in astounding abundance.