S.A.F.E. STEM Summer Camp
Give your child a S.A.F.E. (Science. Affordable. Fun. Educational) and unforgettable STEM experience at Camp Discovery’s multi-day camp program for children ages 6 through 12 (entering grades 1–6). MODS provides campers with interactive exploration and immersive learning opportunities.
For ages 6-12
Time: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Before and After Care Available from 8–9 a.m. and 5–6 p.m. in the Atrium and/or outdoor Science Park for physical distancing. A daily fee of $5 is charged per child for before/aftercare. Parents checking in or picking up a child between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. must visit the Information Desk. Parents picking up between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. must visit the Information Desk. An additional fee of $10 per child for each additional 5 minutes of care will be charged after 6 p.m.
Fees & Registration
(June 14-August 13)
Museum members: $200 per week
Non-members: $225 per week
MULTI-DAY CAMPS: We offer two-day and five-day camps depending on the week. Weeks cannot be prorated for fewer days attended.
MULTI-CHILD DISCOUNT*: Save $25 off total for five-day camps. Use code 25off at check out.
*Discount cannot be combined with any other offer.
T-SHIRTS: Campers are required to wear Camp Discovery t-shirts. One FREE shirt will be included with registration for any multi-day camp, and additional shirts may be purchased for $10 at check-in or in advance through our guest experience department.
FIELD TRIPS will only be to Esplanade Park, an outdoor venue directly across from the Museum.
ADVANCED REGISTRATION is required to guarantee a spot due to smaller group sizes. Camp Discovery requires a minimum of eight (8) campers per group to run and will be capped at 15 campers per group for social distancing (see notes below.) Please note: Camp size may increase as CDC guidelines change.
POLICY AND PROCEDURES:
- All camp registrations are final and will be honored only on the camp day/week purchased.
- No refunds, returns or exchanges. Registration has no cash value.
- Absences may not be “made up” by having your child(ren) attend another camp on a different day, nor will you receive a prorated amount/refund/credit for any missed days.
- Except in the case of an event cancellation by the Museum, there are no refunds or exchanges allowed.
KEEPING HEALTHY SCIENTISTS SAFE IN SUMMER 2021 MEANS:
- Touchless entry including a daily temperature check and sign-in process.
- Daily health and safety protocol review with campers, including:
Every camper must bring a mask each day. Masks are available for purchase in the Explore Store for $5-10 if not supplied by caregivers.
- Every camper must bring a reusable water bottle clearly labeled with their name. No single-use plastic bottles, please.
- Physical distancing guidelines adherence.
- Proper handwashing technique and frequent reminders.
- Designated Camp restrooms and water fountain.
- Adherence to all local, state and national health and safety laws, rules and guidelines. Camp educators are prepared to provide an amazing summer that does not rely on Museum exhibit exploration or IMAX as programming components.
CHECK IN (9 a.m.-9:30 a.m.)
- Monday Only: Check In at the information desk inside the Museum of Discovery and Science. Please allow extra time to sign in.
- Tuesday-Friday: Authorized parent or guardian will be expected to sign in their child at registration using their Brightwheel code.
CHECK OUT (4 p.m.-5 p.m.)
- Each afternoon, check out begins at 4 p.m. on the east side of the Museum outside at the bottom of the stairwell on SW 4th Avenue. Parents checking in or picking up a child between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. and between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. must visit the
- Parents must sign your camper out using your Brightwheel code (daily).
- Only adults indicated on the Emergency Contacts section of the registration form will be allowed to check out a camper (NO EXCEPTIONS).
CONTACTING YOUR CHILD If you have an emergency and need to contact your child during camp hours, call:
- Camp Director 954.467.6637 ext. 207
- Guest Experience Department 954.713.0930
2021 Onsite Camp Discovery
Summer Games (All grade levels SOLD OUT)
July 26-30 (Five-Day Camp)
We’re celebrating the Summer Olympics this week! Learn how human and animal athletes alike use science to function under extreme conditions. Campers will compete in their own games and challenges including MODS Robot Olympics.
Makerspace: Trash to Treasure (All grade levels SOLD OUT)
August 2-6 (Five-Day Camp)
Reduce, Re-Use and Reimagine! We’ve added Renewable Resources to STEAM and this week will explore renewable resources and fun ways to use them! Take a visit to our new Makerspace The Hangar, and use tools and technology to discover fun and unique ways to turn your everyday trash into reusable treasures.
Born to Be Wild (All grade levels SOLD OUT)
August 9-13 (Five-Day Camp)
Calling all biologists for FIVE days of wild fun! Explore the wonderful world of animals this week as you personally meet many of the Museum’s resident creatures. Meet an arthropod and see why its exoskeleton is beneficial. Introduce yourself to an alligator and learn why alligators are a keystone species to the Everglades. Learn how we can help protect our earth and our wild friends for future generations.
Game On/Roblox (All grade levels SOLD OUT)
August 16-17 (Two-Day Camp)
What does it take to create a video game? Discover how STEAM is essential to the creative process of your favorite games like Roblox, Minecraft and Fortnite. Be a videogame designer by creating your own virtual story and digitally bringing your game to life. Prepare for two full days of video game design while we learn the basics of computer graphics, writing storyboards, and game coding!
|Two-Day Camp||Five-Day Camp|
*NOTE: If you are registering online for more than one week of camp, each must be done individually.
ADVANCED REGISTRATION is required to guarantee a spot due to smaller group sizes. Camp Discovery requires a minimum of eight (8) campers per group to run and will be capped at 15 campers per group for social distancing. Please note: Camp size may increase as CDC guidelines change.
All campers are required to follow our Healthy Choices Make Healthy Scientists protocols to ensure a safe experience.
For questions, please call 954.713.0930 or email email@example.com.