Experience the music, dance and culture of Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti, New Zealand and other South Pacific Islands during the opening weekend of the new IMAX film,
Journey to the South Pacific 3D.
POLYNESIAN CULTURE FESTIVAL
January 18 – 20, 2014
Noon to 4 p.m. daily
- Polynesian Dancing Shows - By Polynesian Proud with a special appearance by Preston Weber, 2010 Junior World Fire Knife Champion and America's Got Talent 2011 contestant.
- Surfing Demonstration and Lessons by Kali "da Big Kahuna" Montero - Jump on a surfboard and learn the basics of surfing from the master!
- Lei Making Demonstrations - Learn how to create authentic leis from fresh flowers. Each lei will be given away to lucky winners at the end of the day!
- Po’e Tasting - Sample Tahitian po’e and learn about this food staple
- Polynesian Arts and Crafts - Learn about Tahitian drum carving, Samoan tattoos, Hawaiian fashions and much more.
- Stand Up Paddle Board - Island Water Sports will give SUP demonstrations and allow visitors to test their own paddle board skills.
- Coral Reef Talk - Learn about the animals that live among the world’s coral reefs.
- Table Top Science Demos - Discover how the South Pacific islands were created by volcanos, how Polynesians navigated by the stars across the oceans in outrigger canoes, and how a coral reef is created.
- Lanakila Iki Outrigger Canoe Club - View an authentic outrigger canoe like the ones used by the ancient Polynesians to cross the Pacific Ocean and still used today throughout the South Pacific Islands