EMPLOYMENT AT THE MUSEUM
Through their individual and collective energy and talent, the staff and volunteers of the Museum of Discovery and Science provide pathways to learning and enjoyment to visitors of all ages.
The Museum offers a dynamic and enriching environment to work in and to volunteer. Opportunities vary, and the following brief descriptions provide insight into available positions. If no listings appear, then there are no employment opportunities currently available. Please check back periodically for future job openings. Please note that because of the volume of resumes and applications received it is not possible to acknowledge receipt, therefore, if you are selected for an interview you will be notified.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering a solid benefit package, and invite you to apply for any position you feel suited for. Please provide a cover letter describing your fit with our opportunity along with a current resume detailing your experience and background.
The Museum of Discovery and Science is located in downtown Ft. Lauderdale at 401 S.W. Second Street, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312. For more information about the Museum, visitors should call 954.467.6637.
There are several ways to submit your employment application:
Method 1: (Preferred method)
- Download our interactive employment application from our employment web page.*
- Right-click the employment application link.
- Save the .pdf file to your device.
- Use the free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to fill in your details.
- Save the .pdf file containing your data.
- E-mail the file to email@example.com.
*Note: Ordinarily, you cannot save your data while viewing our application in a browser.
Method 2: Print the employment application from a web browser**
- Type in your information.
- Print the employment application.
- Scan the print-out in .pdf format.
- E-mail the scanned .pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send .jpg or other file types.
**Note: Web browser capabilities may vary depending on type of browser and plug-ins. You may need to try different browsers or install plug-ins.
Method 3: Print a blank employment application
- Hand-write your details. Your handwriting must be as legible as possible.
- Scan your application in .pdf format.
- E-mail to email@example.com
Method 4: Printed applications can be dropped off at our Info Desk
Method 5: Printed applications can be mailed to the address provided at the top of the application
Faxes are NO LONGER accepted.
Thank you for your interest in joining the museum!
(requires Adobe Reader)
CURRENT JOB LISTINGS
(Last Updated 08/25/2016)
PART TIME EDUCATOR - LEVEL 1 - PART TIME
Bachelors degree, previous customer service and teaching experience. Good communications skills and the, ability to speak before large audiences.
Attention to safety techniques, effectively able to control crowds. The ability to work under pressure and constantly changing conditions. Ability to stand for
long periods of time. Must be available to work holidays, weekends and evenings. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent customer service to all museum visitors.
- Teach/conduct school, public and youth programs including camps, camp-ins and birthday parties. Will also be responsible for delivering theater shows.
- Interact with Museum visitors on a daily basis by demonstrating the concepts behind the Museum exhibits.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance and a car to deliver outreach programs to schools and various locations.
- Learn how to handle animals by taking and passing all levels of the animal handling training program (level 1-6).
- Operate the MaxFlight, Airboat Adventure and the Mars Rover on a daily basis.
- Greet school and recreation groups throughout the year.
- Deliver formal and informal Science Café programs on a daily basis.
Please send resume along with 2 professional reference letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EMPLOYEES OF THE QUARTER - SPRING 2016
Lenai Martinez - Executive Administrative Assistant
Scarlett Bisig - Lead Sales Agent
Lenai Martinez and Scarlett Bisig were jointly awarded the Lois Warner Excellence in Service Award! The Warner Award has been established to recognize those employees who make outstanding contributions to the mission of the Museum! Congratulations, Lenai and Scarlett!